Terms & Conditions
- The App is for your personal use only and may not be used for any commercial purposes.
- The App is provided on an “as is” basis and we don’t guarantee that all the information in the App is up to date or accurate at all times and we accept no liability for inaccuracies or omissions. We recommend that you check the accuracy and completeness of any information before relying on it.
- We license the use of the App to you on the basis of these terms and subject to any rules or policies applied by any Appstore Provider from whose site you downloaded our App.
These apply to you if you use our App and are legally binding so please read them. You may also want to print them out or save them on your device in case you ever want to come back to them in the future.
2. Who are we?
We are Caura Ltd (also referred to as “we“, “our” and “Caura“). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 11520538 and have our registered office at 1 Horse Guards Avenue, London, England, SW1A 2HU.
Our data controller registration number is ZA603130 and you can check our registration on the Data Protection Public Register by visiting https://www.ico.org.uk/esdwebpages/search.
Financial Services Registration
Caura is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, FCA registration 923662. You can check this by visiting the Financial Services Register or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768
3. How the App works
The Caura mobile application (the “App“) is an independent online platform made available by us which provides a range of functionality in connection with your vehicle including the ability to make certain payments to third parties in order to receive the benefit of their services (“Services”). The App aims to make car-related matters effortless by allowing you to manage and track them in one place.
The App allows you to make payments to the following types of service providers:
- Statutory charges (e.g. London’s Congestion Charge, London’s ULEZ Charge, Vehicle Excise Duty)
- Paid parking providers (e.g. RingGo, PayByPhone);
- Toll charges (e.g. Dart Charge).
In respect of payments for any Services, we will act as your agent in respect of those payments. We will settle the amount due for the purchase of Services on your behalf, and you will reimburse us for the full amount. We use a third-party payment service provider, Stripe, to process payments for Services purchased through the App.
The App is free for you to use and we do not receive a fee or commission from providers when you use or purchase their services via our App.
Caura is in no way affiliated with the parking providers on the platform (RingGo, PayByPhone, ParkRight). RingGo is a registered trademark of Park Now Group and PayByPhone is a registered trademark of PayByPhone Limited.
4. Support and how to contact us
If you have any questions relating to these terms, if you are having any trouble using the App or if you wish to make a complaint, please contact us by emailing us at email@example.com OR by using the in-app messaging functionality.
5. Changes to these Terms
We may amend these terms from time to time, for example, to reflect changes in law, the functionality of the App or the Services offered through it. We will notify changes to these terms in advance via push notifications or any other manner we deem appropriate. Your continued use of the App will confirm your acceptance of the revised terms. Please check the terms whenever you use the App to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
6. Updates to the App
We may update the App and change the Services available on the App from time to time to improve performance, enhance functionality, reflect changes to our users’ needs or our business priorities or to address security issues. Alternatively, we may ask you to update the App for these reasons. If you choose not to install such updates or if you opt out of automatic updates you may not be able to continue using the App.
7. Operating system requirements
This App requires Apple iPhone running iOS 11 or later.
Please be aware that internet transmissions are never completely private or secure and that any message or information you send using the App may be read or intercepted by others, even if there is a special notice that a particular transmission is encrypted.
9. Who can use the App?
- are over 18 years old;
- are a real, live person accessing our services for your personal use (you can’t use our App for commercial or business use); and
- live in the United Kingdom.
10. Downloading the App
If you download the App onto any phone or other device not owned by you, you must have the owner’s permission to do so. You will be responsible for complying with these terms, whether or not you own the phone or other device. You require internet access to use the App and you and they may be charged by your and their service providers for internet access on the devices. You accept responsibility in accordance with these terms for the use of the App on or in relation to any device, whether or not it is owned by you.
11. Licence restrictions
The App is made available free of charge on a non-exclusive, non-transferable basis for your personal, non-commercial use only. This means that you cannot make money from your use of the App.
You agree that you are solely responsible for any costs and expenses you may incur in relation to your use of the App.
You agree that you will:
- not rent, lease, sub-license, loan, provide, or otherwise make available, the App in any form, in whole or in part to any person without prior written consent from us;
- not copy the App except as part of the normal use of the App or where it is necessary for the purpose of back-up or operational security;
- not translate, merge, adapt, vary, alter or modify, the whole or any part of the App nor permit the App or any part of it to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs, except as necessary to use the App on devices as permitted in these terms;
- not disassemble, de-compile, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the App nor attempt to do any such things, except solely to the extent such actions cannot be prohibited by law;
- comply with all applicable technology control or export laws and regulations that apply to the technology used or supported by the App; and
- not remove, alter, or obscure any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices appearing in or on the App.
12. Acceptable use
You may only use the App for lawful purposes. You must not access or use the App (or any of the Services or content made available through the App):
- in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with these terms, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, such as viruses, or harmful data, into the App or any operating system;
- in a way that infringes our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of the App (to the extent that such use is not licensed by these terms);
- to transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of the App;
- in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users;
- to collect or harvest any information or data from the App or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the App;
- to access or interfere with another user’s account or information, impersonate another person or create or use a false identity or contact details; or
- in any way that is not authorised by us or is detrimental to us or our third party service providers.
13. Your Account
You must register for an account with us in order to use the App. Registering false contact information of any kind may result in the suspension or termination of your account.
You may only use and access the App on your own behalf and not on behalf of anyone else. Please ask them to sign up on their own behalf if they wish to use the App.
Your registered account details (including your password) are confidential. You must not disclose this information to any third party. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other action taken in connection with your account.
You must immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your account or any other breaches of security.
14. Intellectual Property
All intellectual property rights in the App throughout the world belong to us (or our licensors) and the rights in the App are licensed (not sold) to you. You have no intellectual property rights in, or to, the App other than the right to use them in accordance with these terms.
15. Liability Disclaimer
Please read the provisions of this section carefully as they exclude or limit our liability for any losses suffered by you in connection with your use of the App.
Nothing in these terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, nor any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our App, any content on it or Services accessed through it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to you or any third party for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, inability to use or unavailability of the App (or any part of it);
- use of any products, data, information or services accessed or obtained, or messages received or transactions entered into, through or from the App, including use of or reliance on any content displayed on or made available through our App;
- unauthorised access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; or
- any inaccuracy or incompleteness of any information received by you or by us through the App.
You acknowledge that when you use our App to make payments to third party providers, we act as your agent in respect of those payments. We do not accept any responsibility or liability to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise, even if foreseeable, that you may incur if any Services you purchase do not meet your requirements or are not suitable for you, or for any acts, omissions, errors or defaults of any third party in connection with those Services.
We shall only be responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these terms or our negligence. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or if they were contemplated by you and us at the time you accepted these terms.
We try to ensure that all content provided by us on the App is accurate. However, we don’t guarantee that all the information in the App is up to date or accurate at all times and we accept no liability for inaccuracies or omissions. Any reliance that you may place on the information on the App is at your own risk. We recommend that you check the accuracy and completeness of any information before relying on it
Although we take all reasonable steps to protect our systems using virus checking software, please note that any content downloaded from our App is at your own risk. We do not accept liability for any loss or damage that you suffer as a result of any distributed denial-of-service attacks, computer viruses, Trojan horses, worms, software bombs or other damaging items resulting from your use of our App. You are responsible for protecting your computer systems and other devices from exposure to viruses by the use of anti-virus software, firewalls and any other technical measures necessary. If you download our App or other digital content provided by us and you suffer damage to your device or other digital content you own because we have not exercised reasonable care and skill in creating such digital content, you may be entitled to compensation or repair at our expense pursuant to your statutory rights.
We do not guarantee the availability of the App. As with any service over the Internet or mobile network, there are factors over which we have no control, for which we cannot accept liability. We may suspend, withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of the App where we consider that this is necessary for maintenance or any other business or operational reasons without any prior notice or liability to you.
The App is provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis. We try to make sure that it will work on each compatible mobile device (please see section 7 (Operating Requirements) above for more details on compatible devices), however, we do not guarantee that the App will be suitable for your needs or that it will work accurately or in any particular way.
We shall not be liable for any delay or failure to provide our services or perform any obligation under these terms if the delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
We do not charge you a separate fee for access to and use of the App. On this basis, our total aggregate liability for any losses and/or damage suffered by you will be limited to £65.
In the ‘Parking’ feature, if you request a parking session duration that is unavailable, we will always book the closest available time to your parking session which is greater than the time session that you tried to book, so that you do not get a parking fine.
16. We are not responsible for other websites you link to
The App and the Services made available to you via the App may contain links to independent websites which are not provided by us. These independent sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for and have not checked and approved their content of their privacy policies (if any). You will need to make your own independent judgement about whether to use such independent sites, including whether to buy any products or services offered by them.
17. We may end your rights to use the App if you break these terms
We reserve the right at any time to terminate your agreement with us and your use of the App, with or without cause, immediately upon giving you notice in writing to the email address provided by you when you registered for your account (or any subsequent email address you provide). In particular, we may do this if:
- you use the App in a manner that is deemed by us to be contrary to these terms or fraudulent; or
- if we stop providing the Caura App.
In such instances, we are not liable to you for the cost of any Services purchased by you through the App which you are no longer able to access or use as a result of your account being deleted or suspended.
If you no longer wish to use the App, you can close and delete your account by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that once deleted, your account cannot be recovered.
18. Appstore provider
We make our App available on the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store (the “Appstore Providers”). The ways in which you can use the App may also be controlled by the Appstore Provider’s rules and policies. We encourage you to read those rules and policies and ensure that you comply with them. If there are any differences between these terms and the Appstore Provider’s policies, the latter will apply.
You acknowledge that these terms are concluded between you and us, and not with the Appstore Provider. We are solely responsible for the App and its content, not the Appstore Provider. The Appstore Provider has no liability whatsoever to you under these terms or in relation to the App.
19. Open source software
If any open-source software is included in the App, the terms of an open-source licence may override some of the terms of these terms.
20. We may transfer these terms to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under these terms.
21. You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else
You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree in writing.
22. Rights for third parties
If you have downloaded our App from the Apple App Store, you acknowledge that Apple may enforce the provisions of these terms against you as a third-party beneficiary in accordance with the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 (“Act”). Otherwise, nothing in these terms is intended to confer on any person any right to enforce any term of these terms which that person would not have had but for that Act.
23. If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force
Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
24. If we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later
Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
25. Our agreement with you
These terms constitute the whole agreement and understanding between you and us in relation to the use of our App. Except in case of fraud, all previous agreements, understandings, undertakings, representations, warranties, promises and arrangements between you and us relating to the subject matter of these terms or your use of our App are superseded, except as otherwise expressly stated in these terms.
You agree that any notices and other communication may be given by us by email or posted on our App and this will comply with any legal requirement for such communications to be in writing. You also agree that any notice or other communication made in such manner will be deemed received by you 24 hours after email or posting.
27. Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings
These terms are governed by English and Welsh law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English and Welsh courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English and Welsh courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English and Welsh courts.
The headings used in these terms are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation. In these terms, unless specified otherwise, use of the singular includes the plural, use of any gender is deemed to include every gender and any reference to a person includes a corporation, a partnership and any other body or entity, and vice versa. Use of the words, includes or including or similar words or phrases means without limitation and the use of these or similar words or phrases shall not limit the meaning of the general words.