Caura is the only app you need to manage your car. We’ve brought tolls, parking, congestion charge, tax, MOT and insurance all under one umbrella, with much more to come.
Engineering at Caura
The engineering team at Caura is working smart to create a product that we can be proud of and that our users love! We care most about shipping products that work and having fun in the process.
If you want to work on a modern platform that is transforming not only the current state of play for car drivers, but that is also re-defining insurance for the 30 million cars in the UK alone (£14B market), then you definitely need to chat to us.
How We Work
- We are a distributed team with engineers in five countries.
- We work with a stripped-down scrumban process – hate pointless meetings? So do we.
- You own features from design to delivery.
- We work extremely closely with all business functions (product, ops etc) to ensure that we ship products that deliver the best customer experience.
We’re looking for an Android engineer with at least 3 years of experience in building modularised applications in Kotlin.
Our hiring process is simple, we’re looking for passion and compassion. Your ability to get on with the team is as important as your skills. We’re looking for people that want to join our mission to make Caura the only app you need to manage your car.
At Caura, the problem determines the tools we use which means our technology stack is constantly evolving.
Skills that you would need:
- Understanding of the Android mobile app development cycle
- Familiarity with performance tuning, threading, and offline storage
- Ability to integrate with RESTful APIs and experience with OpenAPI
- Familiarity with building modularised applications
- Understanding of UX/UI standards
- Optimisation and benchmarking skills
- Understanding of continuous integration
You would also need to be proficient with our Android tech stack. This includes:
- Firebase, Stripe
Our Hiring Process
We have a 2-stage interview process that works as follows:
Video chat number 1
Duration: 30 minutes
Description: Introduce Caura to you and give you the opportunity to ask any questions you might have.
Video chat number 2
Duration: 2 hours
Description: This will be the more technical part of the process. We will ask you to walk us through some recent work of yours. This could be your open source contributions or a personal project that you have worked on recently.
We’ve had some great coverage in the press, including in Pistonheads, TechCrunch, Business Insider as well as the Telegraph in an article titled “The Next Revolut.”. We’ve also been included in the cohorts for the Accenture and TechNation accelerators.
This role can be fully remote.
To apply for this job, email the role and your details, including a copy of your CV, to email@example.com