Caura is the only app you need to manage your car. We’ve brought tolls, city charges, tax, MOT and insurance all one platform, with so much more to come.
We’ve raised over $6M and are backed by leading VCs including InMotion Ventures (the investment arm of Jaguar LandRover), TwinFocus, Road Ventures, Quiet Capital, and many more.
Engineering at Caura
The engineering team at Caura is working smart to create a product that we can be proud of and that our users love! We care most about shipping products that work having fun in the process.
If you want to work on a modern platform that is transforming not only the current state of play for car drivers, but that is also re-defining insurance for the 30+ million cars in the UK alone (£14B market), then you definitely need to chat to us.
How We Work
- We are a distributed team with engineers in five countries.
- We work with a stripped-down scrumban process – hate pointless meetings? So do we.
- You own features from design to delivery.
- We work extremely closely with all business functions (product, ops etc) to ensure that we ship products that deliver the best customer experience.
We’re looking for a platform engineer with at least 4 years of experience in DevOps and API development. As a platform engineer at Caura, you would work on everything platform related, including building out new features in our service layer.
Our hiring process is simple, we’re looking for passion and compassion. Your ability to get on with the team is as important as your skills. We’re looking for people that want to join our mission to make Caura the only app you need to manage your car.
At Caura, the problem determines the tools we use which means our technology stack is constantly evolving. Experience or familiarity with our tech stack (below) will help you succeed at Caura.
As a platform engineer, your primary focus would be on setting up and maintaining the infrastructure that drives our platform. At Caura, our engineers work in cross-functional disciplines as well – this means that you will also get to work on the actual api’s and web applications that run within this infrastructure.
Skills That You Would Need:
- Distributed computing principles and priorities
- Architecture and design experience
- Experience work with and implementing CICD
- Serverless principles and technologies
- Evented Architecture
Our Tech Stack Includes:
- AWS services, including ECS, App Mesh, Fargate, EC2, IAM, Lambda, EventBridge, Glue
- GCP services, including Firebase, IAM, Functions, BigQuery
- TypeScript, Go, Python
- React, Sapper, Svelte
- MongoDB, PostgreSQL
Things You Might Do
- Work with AWS and GCP services to build scalable solutions
- Operate and scale the systems you and your team build
- Build and create libraries, tools, pipelines – anything to increase the productivity of the engineering team
- Redesign and build services
Our Hiring Process
We have a 2-stage interview process that works as follows:
Video chat number 1
Duration: 30 minutes
Description: Introduce Caura to you and give you the opportunity to ask any questions you might have.
Video chat number 2
Duration: 2 hours
Description: This will be the more technical part of the process. We will ask you to walk us through some recent work of yours. This could be your open source contributions or a personal project that you have worked on recently.
We’ve had some great coverage in the press, including in Pistonheads, TechCrunch, Business Insider as well as the Telegraph in an article titled “The Next Revolut.”. We’ve also been selected for the prestigious TechNation FinTech 3.0 and Accenture FIL accelerators.
This role can be remote-first. You must be in a timezone that is maximum GMT -2 or GMT +2.
To apply for this job: email the role, your location, contact details and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org